Wednesday, February 20, 2008

February 20th


There was a total eclipse tonight. We noticed the full moon on the way to church for Awana around 6pm, and while I was there, another mom mentioned the eclipse, so on the way home, the kids and I tried to watch it through the van windows and got home just to see the last sliver of bright moon disappear...you could still see the shape of the moon, but it was not as bright as earlier. We were impressed, and after getting the kids all tucked in bed, I tried to take the tripod out and get a picture. There was way too much camera shake without the tripod, and then even with it, it shook a little when I pressed the shutter button. But this is as good as it got. It didn't look this bright in person, but the shutter stayed open a long time looking into the night sky. As the moon started to reappear, I tried again, but the camera didn't want to lock in focus like it did when I took this picture. One of these days I'll take a photography class...

No comments: