Monday, February 11, 2008

February 11th

Well darnit, how did I fall behind? That's what I get for being sick I guess. I will just have to post a couple of pictures from tonight and vow to never fall behind again, haha. Tonight the girls were excited to make their valentines for their classmates. I remember doing this with Gigi when we were growing up. :)



And this picture is proof of me being a mean mom. They are opening a magnet school in our district and I am "making" Nora apply (only kids going into 5th grade are eligible for the first year.) So tonight, Nora had to start writing an essay about why she wants to go to the magnet school...and she doesn't want to go. But she's going to at least apply, to make her mother happy, and then we will see what happens from there.




2 comments:

Gigi said...

I remember doilies and glue and folding and cutting and re-folding and cutting and never getting the heart shape exactly right. But it was fun. :)

And for a girl who doesn't want to go to a new school, she sure seems to have written a lot about it. :)

What's so cool about the school? Do you have a website? Link, please.

Michelle Russell said...

No links yet, that I know of. This really seems to be in the infancy stage...the superintendant and people running the informational meeting last week didn't have answers to half the questions the parents were asking. I'll let you know when we know more. Eventually they hope this magnet school will be comparable to IMSA.